In the previous post, “Well Hung Hardware”, I blogged and showed how I hang a variety time lapse rigs used for short and long term assignments. The reaction was very positive and I decided to add to the collection:
This one I call Spidey.
Gorilla Pods are great for the odd situation. But you have to rig it pointing down for stability. The sequence lasted about 45 minutes.
That’s a 12 volt lead acid battery for powering the 6 rpm motor. The weights add stability.
I had two opportunities to document the removal and re-planting of mature trees. It is quite the endeavor and both times the crane operators were cool with me rigging up my GoPros.
This is at the end of a 90 ton capacity crane. What a beast.
Another view. Love the Manfrotto arm.
I also put them on the side if possible. This is a Bogen Magic Arm.
This gives a good sense of scale.
Another crane much smaller in capacity and easier to rig.
A close up of my handiwork. Everything is as nice and tight as I can muster. Protects the gear.
Below is the perspective from the camera rig above. It will be about 6-7 seconds in the final time lapse production. I’m a huge fan of these helicopter POV’s.
My old stand by…the C-stand in all it’s glory. Look how the stand is bending. And that’s with a minimum amount of weight. Note the sandbags on the feet. 35 lbs. worth.
I was commissioned by the Los Angeles Chapter of the APA to create a time lapse piece of their 3rd annual personal photography exhibition, “Off The Clock”.
Here it is: APA-LA
and the GoPro rigs:
I hung two units at both ends of the gallery with the Syrp Genie and Lil’ Mule working the crowd before during and after.
…and the other one.
A total of four cameras for six hours. 11,000 frames imaged. Yikes! I over shoot because it’s better to have it and not need it then vice-versa. Besides, storage space is cheap.
My latest over the wall set up.
The wood is used to protect client property. And me. Very important. This also serves as proof of how mindful I am when working a private location. I’m always proud they trust me.
The beast. This wooden platform was fabricated to serve as a mounting platform for the camera housing you see here. It will be mounted on top of a 70′ light pole. Attached to a 2″ round pipe. It should work. 🙂 I’ve since added a series of nails to each end piece to keep birds away.
To end this post, a shot of my dirt cleats. These are used when I’m placing my tripod or dolly rig on an embankment and or on soft earth. Keeps the gear from sinking out of position. I pound them in with a rubber mallet. Then i hit myself to make sure I’m not dreaming. I love this stuff!